The Manfrotto tripod is one of the most important tools that every professional photographer must have today. This team often becomes the number one ally of anyone due to what it allows them to do. When it comes to aerial shots, long-distance shots, or varied relief surfaces, a tripod helps keep you in control.
How to Clean a Manfrotto Tripod?
However, even though it is one of the most important teams and you often owe a balance, it is not taken care of. It is very common to see photographers go from here to there with their dirty, misaligned, and even old tripod. The truth is that this is very negative since it makes the tool lose its usefulness and it damages much earlier than usual.
So, if you have a tripod and a camera, it is necessary to give this equipment special treatment. Above all, when it comes to Manfrotto quality equipment, although of a very high level, it is not eternal. If you want to have a tripod for many years and work, it should give better use and greater attention.
Why do you need to clean it?
Just as the camera is cleaned, and the lamps with which one works in the field of photography are cleaned, the tripod also. First, because it is one more tool, second, it looks better, third because it gives it more durability. The tripod is one of the types of equipment that best complements a photographer, even superior to many others.
As it is another tool for a photography professional, it can get dirty over time and located. Just as the environment is useful for certain shots, many environments are a problem for the equipment. The tripod is no exception, and to top it all, its cleaning is quite complex to carry out.
What tools do you need to clean it?
The tools needed to clean a tripod can vary greatly depending on how useful it is. When it comes to taking photographs in closed studios and with all the comforts, the tripod is sure in good condition. But, if you constantly move around taking pictures in different places, it may not be so much.
For the second off-road photographer, several hardware tools should be on hand. These tools will allow good maintenance to all the equipment, such as tightening the nuts. You have to continue the cleaning work with cloths, water, soap, toothbrush, and a little grease.
Each of these instruments has its own handling, and each one will use at certain times of the cleaning. But to carry out all this complicated process, it is necessary first to disassemble it and if each piece must fixe. Well, because tripods are complex equipment, the best thing to do to make it look good is to do it individually.
How Do you Take Apart a Tripod Head?
Disassembling the Manfrotto tripod before maintenance is one of the most tedious cleaning processes. First of all, make sure you have all the tools mentioned above on hand. Now and to avoid making mistakes, it is necessary to follow the following steps that are established below:
- Very carefully, you have to start to disassemble the bolts and gradually separate all those that make up the tripod’s headpiece by piece.
- Make sure that all parts of the head are separated and, above all, be careful not to lose any bolt or nut.
- Once this disassembly has been completed, continue with the rest of the equipment, following the procedure very carefully.
10 Ways to Clean Your Tripod and Make it Like New
Most photography experts have their own way of working and even their own way of cleaning their equipment. However, it is necessary to establish a series of steps to follow to carry out a good process of deep cleaning of the tripod. Above all, those that are Manfrotto, as they are teams that require great continuous attention:
- First, each of the cleaning and maintenance utensils to be used must group.
- Then, you have to carry out the process of disassembling the tripod, piece by piece. You have to remove its parts.
- Now, all the pieces must put together according to their measurements, the place where they are or as you see fit, as long as you classify them.
- Begin to perform complete maintenance on each of the parts, both the largest and smallest bolts.
- This maintenance must carry out on all parts, so it is recommended to decide on a class of parts to clean first and then choose others and so on.
- Once all the parts’ maintenance is completed, the cleaning process comes, for which you must use a toothbrush and a tissue.
- Due to the way most parts of the tripod are located, it is necessary to have a toothbrush or even a smaller one to reach each of the spaces where the dust is isolated.
- The handkerchief should be passed wet, and with a little soap, to remove stains or similar issues, a dry cloth should pass to each clean piece.
- Once each of the parts has been cleaned. It is necessary to grease the parts that require it, such as the nuts, or the moving parts.
- Finally, the work of assembling the Manfrotto tripod begins, wherewith great care, the equipment must be reassembled part by part.
How Do you Clean a Carbon Fiber Tripod?
Although it is believed that because it is made of carbon fiber, the procedure changes somewhat, the truth is that it does not change at all. There is only a small difference since the materials are not the same. For this tool, neither water nor soap is used. The equipment is disassembled, cleaned with a dry cloth, brushed, oiled, and reassembled.
But, because aluminum and carbon fiber are so different and each has its advantages and disadvantages, that’s their difference. Of the rest in each one, there is a lot of similarities because, in the end, it is still the same photographic equipment.
Follow us at capturegears.com for more guides.
When it comes to cleaning photographic equipment, it is necessary to consider two key things, whether it is cleaned in passing or thoroughly. This small difference will make the job more or less complex depending on the time you have. When cleaning in passing, it is only done over the top, but thoroughly cleans every piece of equipment and completeness.